raw manx nutrition to thrive not just survive
Even if you feed 5 days out of 7, or aim for a five a day for your dog, don't be scared to add in herbs too, parsley, rosemary, mint, basil and many others, chop up finely, add in garlic in the summer months to assist fighting off parasites, the benefits for your dog are endless.
And if in doubt... give us a call, we're always happy to help, we know not everyone can feed a full healthy raw diet, what we want to aim for is the best you can afford, doesn't your dog deserve that?
During this time we came across quite a few people struggling to feed themselves due to the loss of a job, or the inability to work, and whilst struggling to feed themselves, they were also struggling to feed their pets too, Manx Canine was one small entity amongst many organisations, business and charities that helped as much as we could, we as a pet food organisation helped feed our dogs and cats with not just raw meals, but we purchased a large supply of kibble, tinned and treats too, to help those not being raw fed and supplied a great deal of dried and tinned to AID Rescue our Manx Registered animal charity, who fed even more hungry pets.
It was very hard work during lockdown for me, as a person registered disabled and having more than one chronic illness, I was exhausted and struggling, but my own dogs and our amazing customers kept me going.
We have to change our ways now, we can't carry on reaping our planet of its heart, we will effectively be killing our only home.
Our dogs are suffering from so many dreadful illnesses that they should never be getting, we need to make small changes in their lives to help them.
This has got me thinking after lockdown, do people who have no choice but to feed kibble to their dogs and cats due to financial problems know they can do small things to make their dogs diet a little more healthy? I think most don't, So this article is to help those people find out what they can do or add to their dogs diet to make it more healthy and delicious too.
2. Omega 3 fatty acids, small fish oils rather than large, sustainable sourced kill oil is best, but if not, responsibly sourced salmon oil will do. A spoonful a day makes an amazing difference to your dogs coat, omega 3 fatty acids aid in proper brain function, eye health and improve joints in young and old alike, it develops good cognitive abilities and can help treat kidney disease to name but a few benefits.
Small Changes for Big Results.
1. Add in small amounts of fresh food, this can be cooked or raw, fresh greens like broccoli or kale, spinach, cabbage is best, some berries, blue berries, blackberries, raw or cooked eggs, some freshly cooked fish, chicken, beef, pork, lamb, etc, a little yogurt will help with probiotics, Kefir is great for this and goats yogurt is better than cows. feeding at least 20% of your dogs dinner as fresh food boosts their immune system and health incredibly.
3. Digestive enzymes, these are found naturally in fresh food, these help mitigate flatulence, soft poos, tummy upsets, you can buy digestive enzymes from your local pet food store or online, but fresh natural food enzymes are always best, here are a few natural examples for your dogs dish.
4. Probiotics and prebiotics, probiotic is the good bacteria for your pets digestive system and gut, prebiotic is to feed these bacteria to keep them healthy and fed.
5. It gives your dog joy, they use their noses more, enjoy the new smells and although they have less taste buds than us, they definitely enjoy their food more.
1. Add in Fresh Food
2. Add Omega-3 Fatty Acids
3. Add Digestive Enzymes
4. Add Pre-Probiotics
5. Add In Happiness
RAW V KIBBLE
We've learnt a lot during lockdown, I know I have, how to cope with isolation, restriction, loneliness, work, socialisation, the list is a long one, the whole world has been through a lot, some more than others, some were working as normal, some were stuck home unable to work, some worked from home, some worked long and hard hours, I'm the last category, isolated without help, I was on my own making more than normal dog and cat food and keeping your pets fed.